Tuesday, January 13, 2009

VDB09 Day 4

No joy in mudville for me today. Heavy overcast, very, very light lift (200 up), tops at 9300. I sat on launch for as long as I could, waiting while others circled and sunk out to the piano. Finally some got situated at the wall behind the pinon, and I launched. I got to 9300 twice, watched others go over the back and sink out, and finally decided to make a play for the pinon. I took too direct a line and lost over 3k on the way arriving just above the trees. An air shark tried to take a bite out of me in front, but I caught it early. The pilots I had been watching thermal left as I arrived, so I made two passes and headed out.

Just after I landed, I looked back at the pinon to see the air shark had gotten someone else, and they were going down under reserve. Got to stay vigilant!

Many others waited and launched later and made jovans or the lake.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great blog,Robb. But that black background is killing my eyes!