Friday, September 03, 2010

Some day's you're a Rock Star, some days a rock...

Today the weather was much like yesterday, high pressure, not too much wind, clear skies.  A task of 108km was called, heading east across a valley, over a mountain range, across another valley, then north along a range for a total of about 70 miles.

A couple issues delayed my launch; first, a pilot on a comp wing augured in just below launch (no news on his condition yet), then I found one of my reserve pins had pulled out.  When I finally was able to launch, it was past start time and the wind had picked up.  I felt my wing wanting to spin over and over and I didn't want to repeat what that other pilot did, so I played it safe.  The guys that got in tight to the hill managed to get up and out, but a lot of us flushed to the main LZ.

Just wait 'til tomorrow!

No comments: